High School Internship Program
"Transforming your application to STAND OUT
even in the MOST competitive applicant pool!"
During the summer, students will be able to intern at the Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy at the University of Hawaii at Hilo under Dr. Leng Chee Chang. Not only will they get hands-on experience working in a professional lab with scientific equipment, but also students will have the opportunity to be immersed and explore the Hawaiian culture by visiting and doing recreational activities that Hawaii has to offer.
- Experience in a professional lab
- Sight-seeing Hawaii's famous landmarks which include Volcanoes
- Eating local, cultural foods
- Swimming and snorkeling in Hawaii's well-known tide pools
Lab activities include:
- Extracting natural products
- Learning how to conduct assays for research
- Performing spectroscopes like the Nuclear Magnetic Resonance with professional equipment
- Working alongside undergraduate and PhD students
SKA Academy of Art and Design
Learn . Share . Explore . Grow